Family Backyard Campout
Saturday, October 23 - Sunday, October 24
Join us for a night under the stars in Dunwoody Park! While the park generally closes at dark, our Family Backyard Campout allows guests to stay the night on our grounds. Great option for young families and camping beginners. Bring your own picnic dinner and s’mores to roast in our historic campfire. Join a nature center educator on a night hike with your family, or borrow our self-guided night hike activity guide to explore on your own.
Bring your own food, gear and other supplies. Access to public restrooms and tap water. Program will be cancelled in case of inclement weather or otherwise poor camping conditions.
Join Us For a Night Under the Stars
Date: Saturday, October 23 – Sunday, October 24
Start Time: Arrive by 4:00pm on Saturday, October 23 to select your campsite and set up.
BYO Dinner: 6:00pm
Hikes and Campfire: 7:30pm. Be sure to pack your s’more supplies!
End Time: Depart by 9:00am Sunday, October 24.
Group Size: Max family/group size of 6 people and 1 tent per campsite. Groups of over 6 people (all ages) can purchase additional campsites.
Price: $30 per site for members; $45 per site for non-members
What To Bring: Bring your own food, s’more supplies, camp gear, and other supplies*. Access to public restrooms and tap water is available.
*Contact our partners at REI Perimeter to rent gear (770) 901-920
- Temperature check and health screening questions will be required for each group at check-in.
- Staff will build and supervise fire in historic fireplace, but participants must bring their own s’more supplies.
- Bathroom handles/surfaces will be wiped down regularly by staff.
- Hike activities will require limited sharing of materials and allow physical distancing between families.
- Self-guided hike activities and maps will be available for families to do on their own if desired.
- Staff will wear masks while interacting with guests.