The Dunwoody Nature Center is looking for environmental educators to guide children and adults in various environmental education experiences through hands-on science and art activities.
- School Field Trips
- Girl Scout Field Trips
- Cub Scout Field Trips
- Boy Scout Merit Badge Workshops
- Birthday Parties
- Nature Classes
- Night Hikes
Educators are expected to:
- Facilitate programs using the resources of the Dunwoody Nature Center, adhering to the outcomes established by staff, and using appropriate pedagogical techniques
- Model respect for others and the environment
- Be timely and prepare for assigned duties
- Evaluate student learning and suggest program improvements to staff
- Manage behavior in a positive way to allow for a fun and safe learning environment
- Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Educators must have:
- A college degree (or equivalent) in education, environmental studies, or a related field
- Experience working with children and a commitment to environmental education
- The physical ability to lead nature hikes and lift at least 20lbs.
- Provide two or more references related to working with children in an educational environment
Current CPR and First Aid Training preferred. All candidates must submit and pass a criminal background check. Compensation varies by assignment; factors include length and type of program. Please note, this is a contract educator position. The Dunwoody Nature Center does not withhold income taxes or social security.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com