The Marketing and Operations Coordinator is broadly responsible for coordinating marketing and communications that promote and extend the reach of the Nature Center and for coordinating general operations support for the buildings and grounds.
Marketing efforts will include the development and implementation of the Nature Center’s annual marketing plan that governs our website, social media, advertising, communications and PR, as well as the oversight and advancement of the center’s volunteer programs. The coordinator will assist in the planning and execution of special events and programs where needed.
Operations support efforts will include the administrative support for general maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds and the coordination of vendor relationships to ensure a smooth functioning office environment. The coordinator will assist the Executive Director in managing facility construction projects and work with the City of Dunwoody staff to ensure general maintenance is performed as required.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an annual marketing plan
- Update and maintain the website (WordPress)
- Create and distribute a bi-monthly newsletter (Constant Contact)
- Manage all social media outreach
- Coordinate all marketing communications and PR efforts
- Develop advertising for placement in print and online channels
- Manage the creation of all marketing collateral materials to support programs and events
- Help manage the maintenance of the grounds/facilities and serve as project manager for site specific construction projects
- Proactively identify short and long-term tasks/projects needed for optimal park appeal and safety and manage lists of facility maintenance/repairs and potential volunteer projects
- Manage administrative and office support services like coordination of vendors (such as IT, copier, telephones, cleaning, etc.) to ensure smooth daily operations
- Execute annual renewals for Secretary of State business registration, alcohol and special event permits, etc.
- Manage, coordinate and expand individual, civic and corporate volunteer programs and implement system for volunteer tracking and training
- Support and help organize special events and programs
- Must embrace the mission of the Dunwoody Nature Center to inspire a love of nature and cultivate greater environmental understanding and stewardship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proficient use of Word Press and Constant Contact (or similar programs)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient understanding and ability to manage social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and writing skills (examples welcomed)
- Love of the outdoors and willingness to learn about native flora, fauna and ecosystems
- Ability to plan, organize and execute events effectively
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
About the Dunwoody Nature Center: We are a private non-profit 501c3 organization that operates within a 22-acre public park through a long-term lease with the City of Dunwoody. The staff of seven full time employees work closely with a volunteer Board of Directors to safeguard to the organization’s mission of inspiring the love of nature and cultivating environmental understanding and stewardship by: conserving and enhancing the park; educating children, families, and adults of all ages about the natural world and our place in it; and motivating environmental awareness and responsible action. The Dunwoody Nature Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: Full time, nights and weekends as needed
Compensation: The Dunwoody Nature Center offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Benefits include funding of a healthcare reimbursement account but not a medical insurance plan.
To apply, please send resume to Executive Director Michael Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.