NEW ADULT PROGRAMMING SERIES “OWLS” AT THE DUNWOODY NATURE CENTER TEACHES NATURE, HEALTH, AND WELLNESS
Dunwoody, Ga. –– OWLS is a new education programming series connecting adults in a safe outdoor environment with mentally stimulating classes. The class themes this fall focus on nature, health, and wellness. Classes will be held outdoors on the grounds of the Dunwoody Nature Center.
OWLS (Outdoor Wiser Lifelong Studies) was created by a group of dedicated volunteers, some with over 20 years of service at the Nature Center, who see the need for adult programming in a safe setting. “This is a great opportunity to get out of the house and safely connect with others” said Lynda Sirk, Chair, OWLS Program. “Taking care of your mental and physical wellness has never been more important, and we’re excited to offer these educational resources.”
The inaugural series will take place on Sept 18, Sept, 25, Oct 2, and Oct 16. The Morning Session: Mother Nature and Me will have classes from 10:00am-12:00pm. The Afternoon Session: Healthy Mind: Healthy Body will have classes from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
Morning Session: Mother Nature and Me
- The Importance of Honey Bees in Our Neighborhoods with Cindy Hodges, Owner and Operator, Hodges Honey
- The Healing Woods with Susan Edwards, Naturalist
- Go Native! With Michael Cowan, Executive Director, Dunwoody Nature Center
- Creating A Sanctuary for Birds with Native Plants with Gabe Andrle, Conservation Program Coordinator, Georgia Audubon
Afternoon Session: Healthy Mind: Healthy Body
- Yoga Stretch with Nancy Shapiro, Chair Yoga Instructor
- Vaccines and Public Health with Salma Stoman, Pharmacist
- Forest Bathing with Robin Hancock, Certified Forest Therapy Guide, Renewal By Nature
- When the Light Turns Green with Deborah Garrard, Founder, be(e) well serve well
Register for the Morning or Afternoon session. Feeling adventurous? Sign up for both sessions!
Registration fee is $30 for Members and $40 for Non-members
For more information and to register, visit the Dunwoody Nature Center website, DUNWOODYNATURE.ORG
View/Download Agenda and Photography: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qLXUeD3ZuIKqooB6NOpK5IVcTeyb8P9p?usp=sharing
Tag us when you’re visiting!
Get the Latest Buzz
Stay up to date with activities at the Nature Center by signing up for our Newsletter. Newsletters are sent twice a month.